How to Fix the AOL Desktop Error !00?
The AOL Desktop Error 100 is a Windows or device error code that appears when the users have installed the drivers in an incorrect way. This error creates email compatibility problems between the system and installed hardware. This error code executes when the installed drivers and operating system not matching each other. If you are using the AOL Desktop Gold and facing trouble in using the email services, read this post. Here, we are going to share the step by step instructions that can help to troubleshoot AOL Desktop Error 100 on your computer.
The AOL Error Code 100 not only occur because of the driver incompatibility issues, but it also occurs when something is wrong with the BIOS on your system. Before we proceed further, let’s check out the basic troubleshooting steps to fix the error.
Sign of AOL Error Code 100: Troubleshooting Steps to Follow
- Computer responding in the slow mode.
- Outdate driver and software.
- BSOD error.
- Unused program running automatically.
Change the Windows Update Service Startup
- Open the Task Manager and click on the ‘Service’ tab.
- After this, click on ‘Open Service’ section.
- Now, you are supposed to scroll down and search for the Windows Update option.
- Double click on ‘Windows Update’ and after that, click on Update properties’.
- Set the ‘Startup Type’ to ‘Automatic Icon’.
- Click on the ‘Apply’ icon and after that, click on the ‘Start’ icon.
- Hit the Ok button.
- Go to the ‘Windows Update’ and click on the ‘Check for Updates’ icon.
Disable the Antivirus Software and Firewall
The reason behind AOL Desktop Error 100 could also occur because of Firewall. Thus, it is recommended to disable the firewall to get rid of this problem.
Remove the Virus and Malware.
Viruses and Malware could be another possible reason due to which error code occurs If you want to troubleshoot the problem, we recommend you to download antivirus software on your computer and scan it for the viruses and malware. Antivirus removes all the viruses from the user’s device and also fix the bugs causing trouble.
Hopefully, after following the aforementioned guidelines, you would bale to troubleshoot the AOL Desktop Error 100 The troubleshooting guidelines are very simple and surely help you to fix the issues. But, if you still have a doubt or you are unable to fix the AOL Desktop Error 100 on your own, contact the AOL team. The technicians are highly qualified and provide the top-class help services to the customer to make sure that nothing compromises their AOL experience. The technicians are available 24/7 to help you which means, you can contact them anytime you want.