AOL Desktop Gold Not Working
As an AOL user, you will no doubt be aware that the best way to explore the world of AOL is through the AOL Desktop Gold browser. The browser has a range of features that make it easy to surf the web. When you install AOL Gold you can use the browser to check your AOL mail, track the latest news and stream music and entertainment at increased speeds. The most attractive features of AOL Desktop Gold is the auto-update and the enhanced security. This article will give you an overview of the auto-update settings on AOL Desktop Gold and what you can do if it is not working.
System Requirements for AOL Desktop Gold:
Before you download and install AOL Desktop Gold you keep in mind that there are certain system requirements you need to have. Here is a list all the requirements your system needs to have if you want to use AOL Gold:
- Minimum 1 GM RAM
- At least 512 MB of free disk space
- Secure and fast internet connection
- A fast computer processor (Recommend 266 MHz)
- 1024×768 (or higher screen) resolution
You should remember that without these system requirements you will not be able to run AOL Desktop Gold and even if you do you will keep getting errors. If you have checked that your computer has all the recommended system requirements you can proceed with the steps given below and fix the auto-update error.
Steps to Fix AOL Gold Automatic Update Error:
- Reboot your computer and clear the RAM memory to boost speed.
- Go to the start menu and search for the Windows Update option.
- Go to the option to ‘Change Settings’ and look for ‘Important Updates’.
- Put a checkmark in the boxes marked ‘Install Update automatically’
- Select the boxes with the prompt that reads ‘Recommended and Important Updates’ and then click on ‘Save Changes’ to confirm.
Now that you have updated Windows on your computer AOL Desktop Gold should work without any problem. However, if the problem still persists then your best bet would be to delete the software and AOL Desktop Gold download from the start. If you have any trouble downloading the AOL Gold or installing the software you can always call the AOL customer support number and ask for additional technical assistance. AOL Gold experts are available 24 hours a day to give you the best solution for any technical error you may experience with regard to AOL Desktop Gold.